CREDENTIALS OF THE COLLEGE
- The YMCA College of Physical Education was established in 1920, at Madras, as the first Physical Education College in South East Asia.
- Mr. Harry Crowe Buck, our founder and legend in the field of Physical Education, was the coach for Indian Athletic team which had been to the 1924 Olympics at Paris.
- This institution is a “prestigious” project of National Council of YMCAs of India and a Christian Minority Institution.
- YMCA College is recognized by the National Council of Teacher Education.
- It is an Aided College, under the Government of Tamilnadu.
- An Autonomous College affiliated to the Tamilnadu Physical Education & Sports University.
- YMCA College is accredited by National Assessment Accreditation Council (NAAC) as ‘A’ Grade.
- YMCA College has attained an Iconic Status having excelled over 90 years, and it is ‘Role Model’ for all Physical Education Colleges and Departments in our country’s Higher Education realm.
- The College has grown into an outstanding institution of higher learning and dedicated to the growth of scientific physical education from Nursery School up to Doctoral degree, all in one campus in the heart of the city.